Saturday, August 7, 2021

Anime in August

 I finished Love, Chunibyo and other Delusions, the entire franchise, or everything I could watch Dubbed on VRV anyway.

Episode 7 of the current season of Rick and Morty was a Voltron parody, sorta.  It really annoys me how much old shows like that are still the face of Anime to a lot of mainstream society.  I felt copying how the Speed Racer dub sounded was annoyingly out of date when South Park did it for their Pokemon parody.  And my experience there is why I’m not gonna take this parody’s word for it that that’s how Voltron sounded.

The dub for the first episode of How A Realist Hero Rebuilt The Kingdom also went up.  This is my third time watching an Anime where I had already read at least some of the Manga.  I have read very little Manga in general and I often make a point to only do Manga I doubted would ever get an Anime.  This one I had been prompted to read because BeneathTheTangles wrote something on the Light Novel, but I don’t always read what they talk about either.  I’d read only 11 chapters, maybe that equals 11 episodes, I’m not sure.

It did not look how I expected, the MC’s face looks like a generic early 2010s Hentai protagonist.  The Voice Actors sounded fine.  The truth is I barely remember any of the details of what I read so I don’t feel qualified to critique it as an adaptation, which is good because I don’t like doing that anyway.  I do recall like Smartphone it will go explicit Polygamy, which I do want more of, but I don’t want them to always be Polygynous.

The Saint’s Magic Power is Omnipotent episode 3 has convinced me this is probably the most Shoujo Isekai we’ve had since the 00s.

Watched the first episode of Dragon-Maid season 2, and I do not like where this is going.  I decided to Drop it.

I watched HigurashiSotsu episode 7, and I’m not looking forward to having to sit through another version of this storyline.

So I’m A Spider, So What’s finale was delayed a week, which is a bummer.

Episode 8 of 86 was pretty great.

No comments:

Post a Comment