Saturday, May 14, 2022

Force Healing is a positive addition to Star Wars Lore

I'm not saying this as some huge Disney apologist, Rise of Skywalker is a mess with lots of stuff I hate and lots of stuff I like.

The first criticism is always "if only Anakin had known about this",  but that's the point.  

Darth Sidious basically admits he doesn't actually know Plagueis's secret as soon as he had Anakin turned.  It should always have been part of the Tragic Irony of all this that it was only the Light Side that could give Anakin what he was looking for, but the Jedi Order had actually locked themselves out from the full potential of The Light Side with their rigid pseudo-Stoicism.

Both Grogu in The Mandalorian and Rey in Rise of Skywalker discover Force Healing because they embraced the kinds of Emotional Attachment the Jedi Order had rejected.

Now I recall hearing something about George Lucas saying Obi-Wan did Force Healing on Luke in A New Hope, if so that's something he learned as part of his Force Ghost training with Quo-Gon post ROTS.

There is a part of what I loved about Book of Boba Fett that I left out of my last post.  Grogu calming the Rankor with Force healing was so much like a Magical Girl show, this is what those rigidly anti-violence Star Wars fans like Linkara have been waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment