Sunday, January 21, 2018

Anime Gataris comes to an end

Between shows that already ended and shows I dropped (Violet Evergarden couldn't keep my interest through episode 2) for this Anime Weekly Update I have only the finale of Anime Gataris to comment on.

It was fun.  And overall I highly recommend the show.

Ya know I've spent so much time talking about how Meta a lot of my favorite Animes are.  That during the last 2 episodes here I realized there was a kind of Meta I hadn't seen in Anime that often, till now.  Like what I enjoyed about Garfield and Friends, Tiny Toons and Animainiacs back in the day.  Breaking the Fourth Wall to the point where it practically doesn't exist anymore.  It's like the Anime version of those kinds of shows, Animeniacs.

Besides currently airing shows.  I've started shows like Eureka Seven and Maze.  I've obtained a few movies I intend to get to soon, the Godzilla Anime, Barefoot Gen, and Space Adventure Cobra The Movie (it should be the UK Dub).

Tonight the Winter 2018 Simuldubs I intend to follow should start.  Depending on how the schedule looks, it might be more then a week before the next update, or less then a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment