Sunday, January 14, 2018

Winter Anime is Coming

Second week of 2018 Seasonal Anime coverage.

Code:Realize ended on Tuesday.  It was a good show, not what I was hoping it'd be, but it was good.

I watched the first episode of Violet Evergarden.  I probably wouldn't have if it wasn't the only new Dub starting at this time, Netflix and KyoAni were able to come to an arrangement so the Dubs can drop right when the episodes drop in Japan.

It's a well done show, not sure it can maintain my attention however, I grow weary of "those poor war veterans" type stories.

Anime Gataris episode 11 was insane, I'm absolutely loving this show, it's definitely the highlight of Fall 2017.

I decided to drop A Sister's All You Need in the middle of episode 11, I finally got bored with it.

Outside of Seasonal Anime.  I watched both Gundam Origin episode 5 and Thunderbolt Bandit Flower.

My only real issue with the first Thunderbolt movie was it's handling of female characters.  Bandit Flower was in that area better.  But in other areas it's inferior, the weird cult story-line feels out of place to me, and the usage of Music was not nearly as great as in the first one.  And it's cliffhanger means it doesn't feel as much like a complete film.

Gundam Origin is still good, but I do not recommend watching it before seeing the proper Gundam Trilogy.  It's not as good a Prequel story as the SW Prequels or Fate/Zero.

I also watched Akira and 2001's Metropolis.  I don't have anything to say about them here just yet.

And I also just watched Hoshi no Koe, which is a pretty little short film.

No comments:

Post a Comment