Thursday, February 8, 2018

My problem with the Crunchyroll Anime Awards is the categories

I don't care that the nominees and winners are decided in a fashion more analogous to the Teen Choice Awards then the Oscars.  Neither of those systems is good for my personal favorites to win, none of the nominees for Anime of the years are shows I followed in 2017, but I'm used to that with award shows.  I did cast a vote for Tanya for best villain.

It's that the categories aren't Anime specific categories, but rather ones any award show could have, if there was one devoted to all Animation it's categories would probably be no different.  A few they tried to name using Anime specific lingo (like "Best Girl" instead of best female character), but that's it.

I would rather an Anime award show had categories like Best Yuri couple, Best Yaoi Couple, best Trap, best Loli, best Tsundere, best Yandere, best Sakuga sequence, best Twintails, best OP and best ED.  And instead of genres being Action or Drama, how about Isekai, Mecha, Cute Girls doing Cute Things, Magical Girls, Idols, ect.

That is what an Anime award show should look like, a few of those generic categorizes should be there, but the real fun would be these awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment