Thursday, February 1, 2018

Winter 2018 Simuldubs Week 2: Digibro was Wrong

Katana Maidens Episode 2 was very good. This is a perfect example of why Digibro is wrong in his rejection of the three episode rule.  Everyone was accusing this show based on Episode 1 of not knowing what it’s focus is.  But as of episode 2 it’s clear that was never the case.

Death March to a Parallel World Rhapsody Episode 1 was, not enough for me to even start to decide yet.  We haven’t met any of the Harem yet, and that will largely be the deciding factor.

I’m not to fond of shows like this and Log Horizon trying to be half Isekai and half Trapped in an MMO.  The difference between them to me is that MMO stories should be SciFi and ISekai should be Fantasy.

Smartphone didn’t reveal it’s Non-Monogamous Harem resolution till half way through.  People who know the Light Novels might know if this will go there or not, I did hear some other Light Novels were also doing that.  I don't mind being spoiled so if someone wants to tell me go ahead.

PopTeamEpic is still funny.

Overlord II had a decent start.  A number of new characters were shown who seem…. Interesting.

I then watched all of Kakegurui once it’s Dub dropped.  It was pretty thrilling.

Citrus episode 2 was based on 2 chapters of the Manga, but surprisingly it didn’t feel that rushed to me.

The upcoming episodes are going to be important as they are where the Manga really found its footing if I remember correctly.

I’ve heard nearly universal praise for Darling in The Franx.  Yet much of that praise is based on Trigger’s relationship to Gainax, which I mostly consider overrated.  I’ve decided not to bother with it.  I think I’ve got enough to keep the Winter interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment