Thursday, February 15, 2018

Winter 2018 Simuldubs Week 4: Three Episode Test

Hugtto!Precure episode 2 remains fun.  I may not always bother to comment on PreCure, but I will say if I decide to Drop it or put it on hold.

I feel kinda like they may be harkening back to Smile and Doki Doki. But that may just be cause those are the two shows I’ve seen the most of. Besides the Original series which predates them always being drawn as humanoid Skittles.

Katana Maidens just keeps getting better.  Episode 4 was great, these characters are fun and that’s what matters most to me.

Death March to a Parallel World Rhapsody episode 3, “Let he among you who is without Sin cast the first stone”.  I wonder how many Anime viewers who are less religious than me instantly thought of that quote? 

In this Dub I’m not too fond of the MC’s voice.  Yet I’m certainly not compelled enough to watch the show Subbed.  I’ll give it another episode or two.

It also occurred to me during this episode that I’d like to see a trapped in a Video Game Anime where the Game is a Zelda clone rather than an RPG.  Might not be a big difference narrative wise, but I’d appreciate the battle strategies the MC has to come up with being more interesting than just Stat manipulation.  And you could make a joke or two about Eyeball bosses.

PopTeamEpic episode 4 is still funny.  I was really surprised by the Dastardly and Muttley appearance.

Overlord II episode 3 started slow but got pretty interesting.  I’ve heard around episode 6 the Lizardmen stuff stopped becoming the main focus of the show.  So I guess I can stick it out.

Citrus episode 4 was really good.  My praise means a lot here, I’m a big fan of the Manga, so this is my first time watching an Anime where reverence for the source material had the potential to be an obstacle to my enjoyment.  Instead I feel the Anime is largely improving on it.  And the Dub cast is great.

The Simuldubs all have at least three episodes now.  The three I've been following since week one I'm pretty firmly sold on.  It's the Isekai shows from week 2 that I'm undecided on.

PreCure shows aren't as applicable to the three episode rule.  This team won't be fully formed till the end of episode 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment