Sunday, May 27, 2018

Anime Weekly Updates, Omer 50: Pentecost Day!!!

Well, this will be the last of these following the Omer gimmick.

For once I don't have a lot to say about Magical Girl Site, it was weird this week but still entertaining.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes spent the last few weeks giving us some backstory on our main rivals as well some world building and politics.

Episode 4 had me thinking of Trump with the speculative analysis of why people gave power to the first Emperor. But in Episode 5 all of the sudden it's the current head of the Republic who seems like Trump with a blatant KKK allegory doing his dirty work.

I suppose the original idea was to be evocative of Hitler and Mussolini or maybe Napoleon III. I always found it interesting how in George Lucas audio commentaries for the Prequels he preferred to talk about Napoleon III. Recently I listened to the Revolutions podcast's episode of Napoleon III's election and it was quite interesting.

Stein;s Gate 0 is also still pretty interesting.  Looks like they want to repeat the slow build of the first show.

I've decided to put Last Period and Comic Girls on hold for now.  They're still fun shows, but I think I'd rather wait to binge for when I finish them.

Katana Maidens second core is picking up, yet another fun role for Monica Rail this year.

For Hugtto PreCure I think I ought to give an over all review to the Lulu arc.

It's a type of story-line we see in anime a lot.  But this was a pretty well executed version I feel.  I was unsure at first I'd be able to keep with the show past the first core, but this has kept me glued.

No comments:

Post a Comment