Sunday, December 20, 2020

BNA, Lupin III and more Seasonal Anime 2020

 Last Monday and Tuesday I watched BNA.  I’ve now seen a total of 3 Trigger shows.  I gave it an 8 on MAL, it’s fun but I think it needed more than 12 episodes to properly flesh out what it was trying to do.  The final episode suddenly makes the Pure Breed/Half Breed thing a big deal with no prior set up.

Before I watched it I had seen a video from a certain NazBol Anituber who tried to lay out how it’s Anti Israel propaganda (which would be a good thing from their POV).  There are several problems with that reading, not the least of which being there is no stand for the Palestinians.  The far more meaningful parallels are to Native American Reserves and Hong Kong.  Vic and Hope did a better video on it.

Our Last Crusade or The Rise of A New World episode 7 was… an episode.

Lupin III The First’s Dub became available recently and it was a pretty solid Lupin movie, and by far the best CGi Animation I’ve seen from Japan thus far, for that reason alone it’s great.

HigurashiGou episode 12 was fine.  After finishing this Arc I think I may wait to binge the rest.

Million Lives Isekai episode 6, “but over time some failed to comprehend what our scriptures said about love and peace” that sure sounds familiar.

Assault Lily Bouquet episode 6 was great.

The Day I Became A God episode 5 was emotional.

Warlords of Sigrdrifa episode 6 was pretty interesting.

Yashahime episode 7 provides the context of the framing device of episode 1.  Newbies who followed my advice of starting with episode 2 can probably just watch episode 1 now, unless you’d rather not watch an Inuyasha epilogue till after watching the actual show.

Talentless Nana episode 12 was great, only one episode left, this show should turn out more than decent.

So episode 5 of the TONIKAWA Dub has an Audio Sync issue because Crunchyroll sucks at Quality control.  It seems a lot of people were able to finish it in spite of that issue but I can’t.  So I'll have to wait awhile.

Follow my Anime viewing in real time at these links..

https://myanimelist.net/profile/JaredMithrandir

https://twitter.com/JaredMithrandir 

Also here is the introductory post for this series.

https://jaredmithrandirolorin.blogspot.com/2020/01/anime-2020.html


No comments:

Post a Comment