Sunday, June 20, 2021

86 got off to a rocky start with me.

On June 20th I watched the first episode of 86 since it’s Dub has finally dropped, and I’m a bit confused.

So as the episode started I assumed this was about an unnamed Drone and suggesting their A.I. have become genuinely self aware.  And I was thinking of commenting on how that is one way AI are used as Slaves in fiction that is not applicable to real world Slavery, since actual Slave societies know better then to army or militarily train their Slaves.  For example, regardless of what revisionist Lost Causers will tell you, the Confederacy strictly forbid Slaves from serving in the army.

So when the reveal came at the end that the 86 are actually Humans, I could now only think about the impossibility of this speculative scenario.  Ancient Rome would have members of peoples they conquered serve in their Army, but that service gave them citizenship.  

I don't know if the show intended to mislead me on the A.I. thing or if that was just my brain jumping to conclusions.

No comments:

Post a Comment